Dunblane

1931–2018

 

Marie Brotherston was taught to ring in Dunblane in the 1950s by Sandy Henderson of Alloa, after the bells had been converted in 1952–53 from a chime to a ringing peal. The band were all young, and although they did reach a standard where they were able to ring for Cathedral services, most moved away until Marie was the only ringer left in Dunblane. She was then only able to ring changes occasionally but for many years she tolled a single bell for the weekly evening services. We shall miss her as the last link with the original change-ringing band in Dunblane.

 

Magnus Peterson and Judith Frye

 


Amazon Smile

Facebook