Below are a range of teaching resources and links used by the Scottish Association.
Cambridge Surprise Minor
- Presentation on learning Cambridge Surprise Minor.
- An online method practice utility.
- Minor Stepping Stones ART online course.
- A course on a variety of techniques to learn methods, comprised of a power point presentation and accompanying notes.
Online talks and comments
- Bristol Surprise Major, Royal and Maximus. Presentation about the classic method Bristol, on the 120th anniversary of the first peal of Bristol Surprise Major. Simon Gay, 22 Mar 2021.
- London No.3 Surprise Royal. Comments, including the method's history, its structure and how to learn it. Simon Gay, 20 Mar 2021.
- Remus Surprise Royal. Discussion of the method's structure and tips for learning it. Simon Gay, 15 Mar 2021.
- Sgurr A'Chaorachain Surprise Royal. Discussion of the method's structure and tips for learning it. Simon Gay, 14 Mar 2021.
- Iddesleigh Surprise Royal. Discussion of the method's structure and tips for learning it. Simon Gay, 28 Feb 2021.
- Cyclic Royal. Presentation on Cyclic Royal. Mike Clay, 29 May 2020.
- Modern Surprise Royal repertoire. Presentation on what should be a modern Surprise Royal repertoire. Simon Gay, 24 Apr 2020.
- Learning to Ring Handbells. Website with regular blogs about handbell ringing.
- Handbell ringing style with eBells. Comments and tips about using a good style when ringing eBells. Simon Gay, 19 Mar 2021.
- Kent Minor on 3-4 with blue line animation and commentary. Simon Gay, 14 Mar 2021.
- Kent Minor on 5-6 with blue line animation and commentary. Simon Gay, 13 Mar 2021.
- Plain Hunt on 6 with Lexi the Lego Ringing Robot. Simon Gay, 23 Apr 2020.
- Plain Hunt on 4 using size 19 in F. Simon Gay, 16 Mar 2018.
- good handbell style. Presentation on what should be a good handbell style. An illustration of a good handbell ringing style: sitting up straight, elbows in, bells swinging straight up and down, hands resting on thighs at backstroke, firm grip on the bells. Simon Gay, 10 May 2015.